Facebook has expanded its set of online fundraising tools to include personal online fundraisers for its users. The new tool allows Facebook users to raise money for campaigns and causes, include memorials, birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries. Nonprofits receive funds directly from Facebook every 15 days. Funds raised support our mission of eliminating SIDS, SUID, and preventable Stillbirths through education and research. Learn more about how to donate and create fundraisers for First Candle through Facebook below.
To create a fundraiser for a First Candle:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click Raise Money
- Select Nonprofit/Charity
- Select First Candle, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details
- Click Create
To invite people to donate to your fundraiser:
- From the fundraiser, click Invite.
- Click Invite next to the friends you want to invite to contribute to the fundraiser.
To add a donate button to your post, click What’s on your mind? on your News Feed or timeline and then follow one of these options:
- Tag the nonprofit, click Post and then click Add Button to confirm that you want to add a donate button.
- Click Feeling/Activity and scroll down to click Supporting. Select a nonprofit, click Post and then click Add Button to confirm that you want to add the donate button to your post.
Before your birthday, there may be a post from Facebook in News Feed or on your profile asking if you want to support a cause you care about. When you see this post, to create a birthday fundraiser:
- Click Select Nonprofit.
- Select a charity and enter the amount of money you want to raise.
- Enter an end date for your fundraiser and then click Next.
- Enter a different title and description for your fundraiser, if you want to customize this information, and click Next.
- Add a cover photo and click Create to make your fundraiser public.