Summer is the perfect time to host a fundraiser and raise SIDS and stillbirth awareness. Download our First Candle How To Guide for Special Events and explore these fundraising activities for summer. Visit our Pinterest page for more ideas!
- Host a Block Party: Bring your community together to raise awareness! Learn how to organize one here.
- Film Showing: Show a family friendly movie in a desirable location with a large blank wall, or rent an inflatable movie screen, and rent projection equipment. Sell tickets, food, and raffles!
- BBQ Contest or Dinner: Host a pit master competition between the top BBQ joints in your area or sell barbecue plates in your backyard or at a local park.
- Fourth of July Event: From hosting a flag raising to selling sparklers, check out these patriotic Independence Day fundraising ideas.
- Farmer’s Market Booth: Watch this webinar that details successful ways that farmers markets have raised money.
- Summer Concert: Host a small concert in your backyard, local park or outdoor venue, with ticket sales, raffle, and refreshments!
- Outdoor Exercise Class: Host a one time exercise class such as yoga, 3 mile run, or stroller work out!
- Community Contest/Sports Tournament: Ideas include sandcastle contest, beach volleyball, and scavenger hunt!
We are committed to helping support your efforts and ensuring the proceeds go to our important research and education efforts. Please contact us at email@example.com to get started.