Many times, the lack of answers adds to the overwhelming feelings of grief and helplessness.
These intense emotions are real and a normal part of grieving. Grief is the process of trying to cope with your loss and make meaning out of life without your baby. Grieving is not easy. It is long, unpredictable and requires a lot of patience, but it is also a necessity if you are to work through the pain toward healing.
Whether you have just learned that your baby has died or you have delivered a stillborn baby, you are most likely overwhelmed and in shock.
Decisions are difficult. We hope the information you find here will provide you with information you may not be aware of and, in some small way, help you with those decisions. We understand that cultural beliefs can vary. Please use this information in a way that fits with your beliefs and feels comfortable to you.
- Download Surviving Stillbirth (English) (PDF)
- Download Surviving Stillbirth (Spanish) (PDF)
- Download Surviving Stillbirth for Fathers (English) (PDF)
- Download Surviving Stillbirth for Fathers (Spanish) (PDF)
- Download Surviving the Death of a Baby (English) (PDF)
Grieving parents or family members may request one free grief packet by calling 1-800-221-7437. Health professionals may order bereavement materials in the First Candle Store.