Today, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released a study on the rate of Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) during the pandemic (2019-2020). The rate of SUID overall remained the same from previous years but the rate among Black infants increased. The rates of SUID for infants born to Black families is now 2.3 times […]
Tag Archive for: SUID
Safe sleep practices are a safeguard for both Recently, people have started to use two different phrases, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) interchangeably. There is a difference however: SUID is the death of an infant less than 1 year of age that occurs suddenly and unexpectedly. There are three […]
- GAO Calls On HHS to Create Strong Assessments for White House Blueprint on the Maternal Health Crisis
- This U.S. State has the worst outcomes in the developed world for women having babies.
- The Consequences of the Abortion Ban
- A SIDS risk reduction practice is threatened.
- New study and AAP commentary support First Candle’s community-driven safe sleep program.