CREATE A SAFE SLEEP ZONE
By creating a safe sleep zone for your baby every time he or she is placed down to sleep, you will be providing your baby the best possible chance to survive and thrive.
- Your baby should sleep on a firm mattress covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Use a wearable blanket or other type sleeper, instead of blankets, to keep your baby warm and safe during sleep.
- Crib bumpers, wedges and positioners should never be used in your baby’s sleep area.
- Do not place any other items in the crib.
- Always place your baby on his or her back for sleep.
- Make sure your baby has a safe place to sleep when visiting or traveling.