By Jennifer Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer MAM North America, Maker of Pacifiers and Other Baby Products Pacifiers have long been used to soothe babies, and studies have shown that their use when putting a baby down to sleep can help reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Offering a baby a pacifier at […]
Longtime donor The Boppy Company has confirmed its 2019 support for First Candle and their mission of reducing the rates of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and other sleep-related infant deaths according to First Candle CEO Alison Jacobson. The national non-profit organization has been leading the way for over 40 years in educating parents and caregivers […]
This week the American Academy of Pediatrics released a study about the danger of babies sleeping in car seats. The study looked at sleep-related infant deaths when babies were in a “sitting device” such as a stroller, bouncer, swing, inclined sleeper or car seat. A 10-year study of 11,779 infant sleep-related deaths showed that 348 […]
- This U.S. State has the worst outcomes in the developed world for women having babies.
- The Consequences of the Abortion Ban
- A SIDS risk reduction practice is threatened.
- New study and AAP commentary support First Candle’s community-driven safe sleep program.
- Safe Sleep Community Outreach Program Success