By Jennifer Mitchell, Chief Executive Officer MAM North America, Maker of Pacifiers and Other Baby Products Pacifiers have long been used to soothe babies, and studies have shown that their use when putting a baby down to sleep can help reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Offering a baby a pacifier at […]
Longtime donor The Boppy Company has confirmed its 2019 support for First Candle and their mission of reducing the rates of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and other sleep-related infant deaths according to First Candle CEO Alison Jacobson. The national non-profit organization has been leading the way for over 40 years in educating parents and caregivers […]
This week the American Academy of Pediatrics released a study about the danger of babies sleeping in car seats. The study looked at sleep-related infant deaths when babies were in a “sitting device” such as a stroller, bouncer, swing, inclined sleeper or car seat. A 10-year study of 11,779 infant sleep-related deaths showed that 348 […]
21 Locust Avenue, Suite 2B
New Canaan, CT 06840
Phone: 203 966-1300
- Byron Johnson Appointed Chairman of the Board of First Candle
- Statement on new AAP Guidelines and CPSC final rule on safe sleep
- Statement From First Candle on The Safe Use of Infant Products for Sleep.
- Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) – What’s the difference?
- Statement from Alison Jacobson, CEO of First Candle on the new study from Australia on SIDS