Why has no substantial progress been made in preventing sleep-related infant deaths? Approximately 3700 infants (aged 1 year) have died each year in the past 15 years, most of whom died before age 6 months. No recent breakthrough has occurred for this public health issue, which kills a surprisingly large number of society’s most vulnerable—typically […]
As the leading national non-profit organization committed to eliminating Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and other sleep-related infant deaths, we feel it’s important to respond to a new study on room sharing released today. The new study analyzed surveys from 230 first-time mothers who delivered at Penn State and found that babies slept for longer […]
- This U.S. State has the worst outcomes in the developed world for women having babies.
- The Consequences of the Abortion Ban
- A SIDS risk reduction practice is threatened.
- New study and AAP commentary support First Candle’s community-driven safe sleep program.
- Safe Sleep Community Outreach Program Success