By Holly Schepisi Vice President of Vice Development, Holy Name Medical Center President, Holy Name Medical Center Foundation New Jersey has long been a leader in healthcare delivery, except for maternal and infant health, particularly among African Americans. The racial disparity in maternal and infant health is the widest in the nation as African American […]
This week Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) and Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) introduced a bill to reduce the United States’ rising maternal mortality rates, improve maternal and infant health outcomes, and close the disparities that continue to put mothers and children of color at risk. The bill, the Maximizing Outcomes for Moms through Medicaid Improvement and […]
According to a USA TODAY investigative report released in July 2018, thousands of women every year suffer serious injury or death during childbirth due to ignored safety practices, making it especially important that women take an active interest in their own care. More than 50,000 women a year are injured and about 700 mothers die, […]
21 Locust Avenue, Suite 2B
New Canaan, CT 06840
Phone: 203 966-1300
- Statement on new AAP Guidelines and CPSC final rule on safe sleep
- Statement From First Candle on The Safe Use of Infant Products for Sleep.
- Sudden Unexpected Infant Death (SUID) and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) – What’s the difference?
- Statement from Alison Jacobson, CEO of First Candle on the new study from Australia on SIDS
- HALO Partners With First Candle to Offer Safe Sleep and Implicit Bias Training to Hospitals